Prioritize your thoughts

Did you ever miss school or work because of an emotional problem? Well, I did. And not just once.

When I say emotional problem, I mean something related to the way we think. Not a visual circumstance just thoughts. That doesn’t sound like an excuse or anything important but they are powerful. Sometimes they cut your energy and you are not in the mood for things, sometimes they even determine the way you feel - health wise.

As a girl especially I notice I let different thoughts decide my day, and that’s not always smart, especially when you are missing important moments in life or you don’t get to enjoy them even if you’re present.

I think the majority of boys are more capable of taking one thing at the time and focus on it, rather than be all over the place. Sometimes I wish I can do that, I wish I can watch a movie without thinking of my grocery list, or what else I need to do later on that day.

This can be very important as a teenager. I remember missing moments with my dear ones just because I was sad that some guy didn’t gave me attention or that girl looked weird at me.

I wish in that moment I would’ve been like…ok, let’s see: I have an amazing family, I have awesome friends, today I woke up healthy, I had food on the table, I get to buy a new dress today..and..that guy doesn’t like me back. Hm…so should I cry today or should I celebrate something?

Do you see where the balance inclines? It was definitely not the end of the world as I thought.

So here is my advice : If you can’t control your thoughts, prioritize them. Choosing the right thoughts first, would make the bed ones lose ground and eventually leave.

I am convinced that no matter what happens to us in this life, there is at least One good thought, that deserve our attention and the first place in our minds, and that is:

We are God's children and

we're gonna spend an Eternity with Him without worries.


No comments:

Post a Comment